Monday, October 6, 2014

DONATE TO DSA. IT'S TAX DEDUCTIBLE AND WE HAVE A SPONSOR WHO WILL MATCH YOUR DONATION.


Members of the Dallas Songwriter Association and friends of the DSA,

I would like to ask you all for your help.  We are striving to keep the DSA a viable association that benefits our members and the community.  Like any normal organization, to do that we need money!  Basically our funds come from dues and song contest entry fees.  Unfortunately, dues are not coming in as they normally do, participation in the song contests are down, and the DSA as we know it is in jeopardy!

So we are looking for some help from you in order to keep going.  First, if you have not paid your dues recently, please renew your membership!  At $50 a year ($4.17 a month), it’s a real bargain but not enough to sustain us.  However, there is some great news!  We have an anonymous donor who is willing to match every dollar that is donated, up to one-half of the goal!  This is a tremendous gift, plus an opportunity for us to show our support and desire to keep the DSA in business!

You can give any amount, but with $25 you will receive a free DSA T-shirt and with $50 you will get the T-shirt and two DSA cuzzis.  For donations of $100 or more you will get the gift premiums plus recognition in the DSA newsletter every month as a special friend and contributor to the DSA.  The dues and the donations are tax deductible, but we hope that you care enough about all the things the DSA does to participate. 

Your gift will help keep alive all of the following, which makes us one of the busiest musical associations in the country.

• Educational programs and music industry speakers at regular monthly meeting.
• Song critiques by industry experts for your songs at each monthly meeting.
• Songwriting feedback sessions at Song Swap workshops twice a month.
• Nationwide lyric contests four time a year.
• Nationwide song contest once a year featuring 8 song categories and industry judges.
• Open mics for anyone to perform original songs twice a month.
• Saturday night showcases for members twice a month.
• Performance opportunities for members at the Deep Ellum Arts Festival, Wildflower Festival   and the House of Blues.
• Workshop opportunities with great song writers like Richard Leigh, Beth Nielsen Chapman and Gary Nicholson
• Monthly on-line newsletter with music industry information and help for songwriters
• And coming soon, a brand new DSA website that will enable members to have their own page on the website to share their music and activities.

As they say, it just takes money so please make your donation today!  Just go to our online store and look for the Quarter Note, Half Note, and Whole Note donation levels at: 


Or, you can send your donation of any amount to:
Dallas Songwriters Association
Sammons Center for the Arts
3630 Harry Hines #20
Dallas, TX 75219

Many Thanks,
Michael Brandenberger
President, Dallas Songwriters Association

1 comment:

  1. Will you love me tomorrow





    D G
    You told me the sun was shining
    When my sky where so gray
    But there is one thing I been thinking,
    And that is will you will you

    C G D
    Will you love me tomorrow
    Like your loving me today
    And will you love me tomorrow, I said like your loving me ,like your loving me today.

    D G
    Hey it’s not going to matter
    I’ll take my chances with you you
    Either you’ll be the one to hurt me
    Or, you’ll be the one that will be true

    C G D

    Will you love me tomorrow
    Like your loving me today
    And will you love me tomorrow, I said like your loving me ,like your loving me today.

    D G
    My soul been hurt before
    But, I know just who I am
    I’m told when one door closes a new door starts to open
    So I’ll take my chances on you and time will only tell
    But …


    C G D
    Will you love me tomorrow
    Like your loving me today
    And will you love me tomorrow, I said like your loving me ,like your loving me today.

    ReplyDelete